The Abington Electric bike is available for home delivery order and demonstration at our London Showroom.
Contact us to configure your order or to schedule a personal demonstration
The Abington is a beautiful town bike born out of a collaboration with award winning frame builder Toby Gallagher. The combination of custom-drawn Reynolds Technology steel tubing and the e²-pod Intelligent Drive System make this one of the most elegant eBikes available today. When the battery is removed, the Abington reverts to its standard configuration and can be used as a regular bike.
This bike and e²-pod Intelligent Drive System are manufactured at ARCC's Cambridgeshire headquarters here in the UK.
The Abington is a highly configurable eBike built to your specification.
- Handlebars - Aluminium riser handlebars as standard
- North style handlebars on request
- Gearing - 8 Speed Shimano Alfine Hub gears as standard
- Single Speed Shimano optional
- 11 Speed Shimano Alfine Hub Gears optional
- 14 Speed Rohloff Speedhub optional
- Belt - Gates Carbon belt drive as standard
- Saddle - Brooks Cambium - C19 saddle as standard
- Alternative options available on request
- Pedals - VP Components pedals as standard
- Alternative options available on request
- Wheels - Schwalbe Marathon Plus 650b x 38 tyres
- Brakes - Flat mount disc brakes 160mm front and 140mm rear
- Sizes - There are 2 frame sizes for the Abington
- Small / Medium
- Medium / Large
- Weight - The full electric bike weighs from 14.4kg dependant on components
- Colour - Available in 8 optional colours or in a custom colour of your choosing
- Custom Colour - Choose from the RAL palette for an additional £250
- Drive System - e²-pod Intelligent Drive System
- Motor - Brushless 250W 36V 170 RPM front wheel drive
- Battery - Bosch Lithium Ion 36V 4.0Ah (144 Wh) as standard
- Bosch Lithium Ion 36V 6.0Ah (216 Wh) optional
- Bosch Lithium Ion 36V 9.0Ah compatible
- Controller - Bluetooth controller
- Racks and Mudguards also available on request
Commuters that what high quality components, great styling and an unmatched ride experience.
The Bosch Lithium battery assists your ride as follows:
4.0Ah up to 35km depending on riding style.
6.0Ah up to 50km depending on riding style.
9.0Ah up to 75km depending on riding style.
The non electric Standard bike weighs from 10.5kg
The full Electric bike weighs from only 14.4kg
The Abington comes with a 5-year frame warranty as well as a 5-year warranty on the ARCC Intelligent Drive System
Find out more about the Abington in the video below.
At Switch Cycles we want you to enjoy your new bike from day 1. Thats why we offer a number of different options to ensure your purchase is ready to go
FREE Home Delivery
Most bikes are delivered with some minimal assembly required. If you are confident and experienced with bikes this can be a great choice for the fastest way to own your new eBike. If you have less experience we always recommend having your bike checked over by your local bike shop or to book a mechanic visit with your bike. We can help facilitate this - just ask when ordering
We are happy to build up your eBike ready for collection from our London Hackney Store. We have trained mechanics that follow a detailed PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) to ensure your bike is safe and ready to ride
At Home Bike Build
Depending on your location we can help to arrange a qualified cycle mechanic to visit you close to your delivery date to ensure your bike is assembled correctly. This can be a great choice if you aren't near a local bike shop or would prefer your bike to be checked at home. This is a chargeable service so please contact us to help arrange your preferred time and date
Order Confirmation Process
- Right now the cycle industry is as popular as ever and stocks are limited. As soon as you place your order, we will pre-authorise your chosen payment method however your card will not be charged.
- We will then contact our stock team to reserve your product(s) for immediate delivery.
- Once confirmed we will only then process the payment and your order will be dispatched straight away from stock.
- If there is any delay such as an item which is on backorder, we will void the pre-authorisation and contact you to let you know your options.
- If you have chosen to have your products collected from store we will confirm your collection date.
- If you ever have any questions just reach out to email@example.com
- Once your order has been confirmed and stock is available for dispatch, we will charge your card and your order will be dispatched immediately.
- We’ll then send you tracking details by email within 24 hours of your order being dispatched. If you have not received tracking details please reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can handle that for you.
- If you are buying a bike for delivery and are unsure about how to set up your bike safely let us know, we will help ensure you are all set.
- For deliveries we ask that you thoroughly inspect all items at the point of delivery. We advise you not to accept delivery of any damaged items.
- If you discover that an item has been damaged, please send us clear photos of the damaged items to email@example.com so that we can open an insurance claim on your behalf. We will handle this on your behalf.
- Any goods to be collected from store will be checked by the team as well.
Returns & Refunds
- Any orders cancelled after 48 hours of placing the order may be subject to additional admin fees. We of course will look to avoid this for you.
- You have 14 days from delivery to return an item in an unused condition. The item must be in its original packaging and show no signs of wear and tear or usage. Once inspected a refund will be issued.
- If your order has been dispatched, you (the buyer) will be responsible for any costs associated with returning the item. We are happy to help you select the right size before you order - just let us know. Any returns to the store within 14 days will of course be accepted given the items are unused.
- Any refunds can only be issued to the same payment method which was used to place the order. Different payments methods are faster than others but we work to have your refund back to you as soon as possible.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.